Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies :)

We'll dive right in to this recipe...no intro needed!!

What you need:
  • 3 cups almond flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (can substitute honey)
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups dark chocolate chips
What you do:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  2. Mix almond flour, sea salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. 
  3. Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Add vanilla, pure maple syrup, and coconut oil.
  4. Combine wet and dry ingredients. 
  5. Stir in chocolate chips. 
  6. I like to put my dough in the fridge for about 15 minutes to let it firm up. Otherwise, it's really loose and hard to spoon out. 
  7. On a baking sheet with parchment paper (if you have it), drop tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. Dough will spread a little so leave space!
  8. Bake for 10-13 minutes. My cookies always look a little light, but we like them SOFT!!

    Add some almond milk and you are set!!!

     

3 comments:

  1. I am enjoying one of these right now!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the taste but mine are really dry. I'm new to Paleo baking. What did I do wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dry?! Um, I have no idea why they would turn out dry aside from inaccurate measuring or overcooking :/ What kind of almond flour do you use?

    ReplyDelete