Friday, February 10, 2012

Hello world wide web!

Welcome to Cavegirl Kitchen! This is my very first blog post and, without lying, I'll say that it took me a good 20 minutes to come up with what you've just read!! I'm excited to finally have a blog up and running! This blog will, for the most part, be devoted to (amazing!) paleo recipes that I have tried, changed, and tried again! I will walk you through with pictures (who doesn't love pictures??) and suggestions on different ways to try the recipes.
If you landed here and are wondering, "What the heck is Paleo?", wander over to THIS SITE for lots of info! If you really want some great information on the Paleo diet, I suggest you read Dr. Loren Cordain's The Paleo Answer. You can buy it here! It is a fantastic read on what the Paleo diet is and why we should follow it!
I started my Paleo journey back in November of 2011. I was 3 months postpartum from having my son and desperate to lose the baby weight. I was working out consistently doing CrossFit with my husband, Ted. Working out alone was not cutting it! Ted suggested we do the Paleo diet as he had been reading The Paleo Solution, by Robb Wolf. At first, I was "sort of" doing the Paleo diet: I cut out grains (breads, rice, cereals) but continued with the dairy (I love milk!!).
In January, I went full Paleo! Honestly, it is really hard sometimes! I love carbs (pasta...drool), cheese, and chocolate...none of which are paleo! My solution to staying sane was to take all of my favorite recipes and make them paleo! Some work and some don't...I save the ones that don't for my cheat days!

ENJOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment